Junior UI designer
Join the VeryCreatives team, and work on exciting international products in an inspiring, professional environment.
Be part of VeryCreatives and work on exciting international products in a great team!
What you will do:
As a junior UI dessigner, your journey starts by joining our design team and help our clients' ideas come alive. Specify features and experiences, research-discuss-create and maintain layouts and interfaces for various products.
Working together with a senior designer, you will take responsibility for the product UI, share your knowledge within the team, adopt best practices, trends, and stay up-to-date about where the industry is heading.
If you are:
- Interested in designing products from idea phase through MVP then rolling them out to real users
- Pro-active, creative, motivated, self-learner
- And a passionate team-player who does not stop at "good enough"
- Experience in creating Mobile and Responsive Web App user interfaces
- Systematic and component-based approach for creating user interfaces (Atomic design principles, component/symbol-based UI, overrides, states, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe XD, Figma, or Sketch and base UI design principles
- High design standards, creating a clean and maintainable design system for each project you are involved in
- Familiarity with the main current UI frameworks and their principles (Material design, iOS, Fluent design, etc.)
- Understanding and familiarity with both native, and web-based design standards and their possibilities, limitations
- Ability to adapt to client requests, and to ‘leave your ego at the door’
- Being up-to-date with the latest trends in UI design
- Good written and spoken English
- An even better attitude, communications skills and a motivated personality to learn new skills
And maybe some nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the agile product development cycle
- Knowledge of UI interaction/microinteraction principles and practices.
- Ability to create low and high fidelity prototypes (Protopie, proto.io, Framer, Justinmind, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic animation principles and practices
- Ability to create certain kind of animations (gif, mpeg, lottie) for various purposes (interactions, placeholders, UI elements, custom transitions, videos, motion graphics, product explainers, etc.)
- Illustration skills (hand-drawn, digital, vector)
- Photo retouching
- Basic understanding of Html & CSS
Then we can offer you:
- Have high impact on the products you work on
- Using the latest technologies
- Build international products as an important member of an agile company
- Welcoming and open-minded colleagues
- Continuous personal development, technology books, Safaribooks subscription, etc.
- Reliable, sufficiently organized company and working structure
- Internal, self-organized workshops
And some more:
- Spacious Budapest office
- Attractive compensation
- Performance bonus
- Free soft drinks, snacks, coffee and tea
- Regular team breakfasts
- Company social events
- Home office on Fridays!
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
Where will you work?
You will work in the heart of Budapest in a cool loft office. Fridays from home. We hope to believe that the place will make you happy and inspire you daily. Think commuting sucks? Let's discuss. You will work daily with team members scattered around the globe for clients from all around the world.
What is the team like?
Our team consists of a wide range of personalities but all welcoming, cool and professional. Instead of bossing around we believe in direct and honest communications. You can also be assured that our Slack channels will never run out of funny gifs. :)