Junior UI designer
Join our team, and be part of a humane atmosphere, where you feel trusted. Enjoy a high level of autonomy. Your ideas and individuality are always appreciated.
Life at VeryCreatives
At VeryCreatives we are all different personalities, sharing the same values: we are independent, creative thinkers with high professional & social standards, innovation, personal development, team spirit, honesty, presence, connection, trust, humor, and affection. Work-life balance is one of our superpowers. We love eating together in our garden.
Be part of VeryCreatives and work on exciting international products in a great team!
What you will do:
As a junior UI designer, your journey starts by joining our design team and helping our clients' ideas come alive. Specify features and experiences. Research-discuss-create and maintain layouts and interfaces for various products.
Working together with a senior designer, you will take responsibility for the product UI, share your knowledge within the team, adopt best practices, trends, and stay up-to-date about where the industry is heading. This is a full-time position.
You will build products like these
We are always busy working on something awesome
One of Europe’s leading two-sided influencer marketplaces, that connects major brands to content creators on Instagram, Youtube, TikTok and Pinterest.
Dubai’s most innovative foodtech platform. It has achieved an online ordering rate of over 50% in less than two years since its launch and continues to grow at an exponential pace.
Jamdoughnut is a UK based platform built around users' bank transactions that reward them for engaging with the service. It is growing at a rapid pace.
and many more...
If you are:
- Interested in designing products from the idea phase through MVP and then scaling up to real users
- Pro-active, creative, motivated, self-learner
- And a passionate team-player who does not stop at "good enough"
- Experience in creating Mobile and Responsive Web App user interfaces
- Systematic and component-based approach for creating user interfaces (Atomic design principles, component/symbol-based UI, overrides, states, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of Figma base UI design principles
- High design standards, creating a clean and maintainable design system for each project you are involved in
- Familiarity with the main current UI frameworks and their principles (Material design, iOS, Fluent design, etc.)
- Understanding and familiarity with both native, and web-based design standards and their possibilities, limitations
- Ability to adapt to client requests, and to ‘leave your ego at the door’
- Being up-to-date with the latest trends in UI design
- Good written and spoken English
- Native or fluent Hungarian
- An even better attitude, communications skills and a motivated personality to learn new skills
And maybe some nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the agile product development cycle
- Knowledge of UI interaction/microinteraction principles and practices.
- Ability to create low and high fidelity prototypes (Protopie, proto.io, Framer, Justinmind, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic animation principles and practices
- Ability to create certain kind of animations (gif, mpeg, lottie) for various purposes (interactions, placeholders, UI elements, custom transitions, videos, motion graphics, product explainers, etc.)
- Illustration skills (hand-drawn, digital, vector)
- Photo retouching
- Basic understanding of Html & CSS
Then we can offer you:
- Have high impact on the products you work on
- Using the latest technologies
- Build international products as an important member of an agile company
- Welcoming and open-minded colleagues
- Continuous personal development, technology books, Safaribooks subscription, etc.
- Reliable, sufficiently organized company and working structure
- Internal, self-organized workshops
And some more:
- Spacious Budapest office
- Hybrid or remote home office options
- Attractive compensation
- Free soft drinks, snacks, coffee, and tea
- Team breakfasts, social events (board gaming, movie nights, hiking)
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- No work on your birthday!
Where will you work?
You will work in the heart of Budapest in a cool loft office, with flexible home office options. We hope to believe that the place will make you happy and inspire you daily. Think commuting sucks? Let's discuss. You will work daily with team members scattered around the globe for clients from all around the world.
What is the team like?
Our team consists of a wide range of personalities, all welcoming, cool, and professional. Instead of bossing around, we believe in direct and honest communication. Humor makes our work better.
Why do we love working at VeryCreatives?
I am thrilled that I can be an active part of true development projects. From day 1, I have been treated as a real team member, and I was given the chance of contributing with actual work. As a junior, I was not left alone, should I have questions along the way.
Friendly atmosphere, everyone welcomed me nicely. I find a lot of talented people with a large knowledge base who take the time to share that knowledge with me so I can learn and improve on a daily basis.
Openness, flexibility, encouragement, trust - I'm given a task and I feel like my team has faith in me to complete it. I also feel that there are lots of opportunities to learn and practice new technologies on my project - so I can discover and dig into things I find interesting.
Our recruitment process
Submit your CV to kickstart the recruitment process today!