Ruby on Rails developer
We are looking for developers to join our team
Be part of VeryCreatives and work on exciting international products in a great team!
What you will do:
You will join one of our agile teams and make our clients' ideas come alive. Specify features, build software products, overdeliver expectations.
Have ownership on your code, take responsibility of the product and your decisions. Share your knowledge with the team, adapt best practices and stay up-to-date.
If you are:
- Interested in building products from idea phase through MVP then rolling out to real users
- Pro-active, motivated, self-learner
- Passionate team-player who don't stop at "good enough"
- Not afraid to take responsibility
- Backend experience, building products using Ruby on Rails
- Having high coding standards, writing clean, maintainable & organized code
- Understanding of OOP & CleanCode principles
- Knowledge of relational databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Familiar with the Ruby ecosystem, version & gem managers, deployment, trends
- Knowledge of the agile product development cycle
- Being up-to-date with the latest trends in web development
- Good written and spoken English
- Good attitude, motivated personality
- Being eager to learn new skills
And maybe some nice to haves:
- Familiar with AWS infrastructure and deployment pipelines
- Familiar with Docker and containerization
- Websockets, Redis
- Deeper knowledge of relational databases, scaling, performance optimizations
Then we can offer you:
- Using the latest technologies
- Build international products as an important member of an agile company
- Welcoming and open-minded colleagues
- Continuous personal development, technology books, Safaribooks subscription, etc.
- Reliable, sufficiently organized company and working structure
- Internal, self-organized workshops
And some more:
- Spacious Budapest office
- Attractive compensation
- Performance bonus
- Free soft drinks, snacks, coffee and tea
- Regular team breakfasts
- Company social events
- Home office on Fridays!
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
Where will you work?
You will work in the heart of Budapest in a cool loft office. Fridays from home. We hope to believe that the place will make you happy and inspire you daily. Think commuting sucks? Let's discuss. You will work daily with team members scattered around the globe for clients from all around the world.
What is the team like?
Our team consists of a wide range of personalities but all welcoming, cool and professional. Instead of bossing around we believe in direct and honest communications. You can also be assured that our Slack channels will never run out of funny gifs. :)
Contact us if you find this job interesting: moc.sevitaercyrev@sboj