Ruby on Rails developer
Join our team, and be part of a humane atmosphere, where you feel trusted, enjoy a high level of autonomy, your ideas and individuality are appreciated.
Life at VeryCreatives
At VeryCreatives we are all different personalities, sharing the same values: we are independent, creative thinkers with high professional & social standards, innovation, personal development, team spirit, honesty, presence, connection, trust, humor, and affection. Work-life balance is one of our superpowers. We love eating together in our garden.
What you will do:
As a Ruby on Rails developer, you will join one of our agile teams and make our clients' ideas come alive. Specify features, build software products, overdeliver expectations.
Have ownership of your code, take responsibility for the product and your decisions. Share your Ruby knowledge with the team, adopt best practices and stay up-to-date.
If you are:
- Interested in building products from idea phase through MVP then rolling out to real users
- Pro-active, motivated, self-learner
- Passionate team-player who don't stop at "good enough"
- Not afraid to take responsibility
- Backend experience, building products using Ruby on Rails
- Having high coding standards, writing clean, maintainable & organized code
- Understanding of OOP & CleanCode principles
- Knowledge of relational databases, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Familiar with the Ruby on Rails ecosystem, Ruby version & gem managers, deployment
- Knowledge of the agile product development cycle
- Good written and spoken English
- Good attitude, motivated personality
- Being eager to learn new skills
And maybe some nice to haves:
- Familiar with AWS infrastructure and deployment pipelines
- Familiar with Docker and containerization
- Websockets, ActionCable, Redis
Then we can offer you:
- Have high impact on the products you work on
- Using the latest technologies
- Build international products as an important member of an agile company
- Welcoming and open-minded colleagues
- Continuous personal development, technology books, Safaribooks subscription, etc.
- Reliable, sufficiently organized company and working structure
- Internal, self-organized workshops
And some more:
- Spacious Budapest office
- Attractive compensation
- Performance bonus
- Free soft drinks, snacks, coffee, and tea
- Team breakfasts, social events (board gaming, movie nights, hiking)
- Flexible home office options
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- No work on your birthday!
Where will you work?
You will work in the heart of Budapest in a cool loft office, with flexible home office options. We hope to believe that the place will make you happy and inspire you daily. Think commuting sucks? Let's discuss. You will work daily with team members scattered around the globe for clients from all around the world.
What is the team like?
Our team consists of a wide range of personalities, all welcoming, cool, and professional. Instead of bossing around, we believe in direct and honest communications. Humor makes our work better.
Our recruitment process
Submit your CV to kickstart the recruitment process today!