API Backend developer
Join our team, and be part of a humane atmosphere, where you feel trusted. Enjoy a high level of autonomy. Your ideas and individuality are always appreciated.
Life at VeryCreatives
At VeryCreatives we are all different personalities, sharing the same values: we are independent, creative thinkers with high professional & social standards, innovation, personal development, team spirit, honesty, presence, connection, trust, humor, and affection. Work-life balance is one of our superpowers. We love eating together in our garden.
Help us build Jamdoughnut:
VeryCreatives is looking for a talented backend developer to join one of our product teams, building Jamdoughnut, UK's No.1 Cashback app.
- No 1 rated cashback App on TrustPilot with 26,000 payments to date
- 500 organic registrations per week and growing
- More than 3000 active daily users and it is constantly increasing
- Exponential growth since MVP release
- OpenBanking integration
- A product people love
We are a 30-people strong Digital Product Agency, designing and building web & mobile apps for clients all around the world. We are proud to be a humane workplace with social and professional values. Friendly atmosphere, talented people, high professional standards, flexible organization, and effective workflows.
The product team:
The product team consists of a backend developer, native iOS and an Android developer, a UI designer, and a PM. Together we designed, planned, and developed the application from the very beginning, including a Product Discovery and Design Workshops, a 6 months MVP phase, and another 18 months of development so far.
The API backend of Jamdoughnut is built on Ruby on Rails (Ruby 3.0, Rails 6.1), using Clean Code principles and industry best practices.
As we are entering a new investment and operational phase we are looking for an experienced backend developer to shape our team to further develop and match new challenges.
We build products like these
We are always busy working on something awesome
One of Europe’s leading two-sided influencer marketplaces, that connects major brands to content creators on Instagram, Youtube, TikTok and Pinterest.
Dubai’s most innovative foodtech platform. It has achieved an online ordering rate of over 50% in less than two years since its launch and continues to grow at an exponential pace.
Mortgages made easy. An Ireland based, highly customized mortgage appliance service. With great emphasis on breaking down complex application processes to easy to understand sections.
and many more...
If you are:
- Interested in building a fast-growing product that is scaling up month-over-month and loved by users
- Pro-active, motivated, self-learner with good attitude
- Team-player who don't stop at "good enough"
- Not afraid to take responsibility
- Backend experience, building products using Ruby on Rails (or willing to learn it)
- Experience in building RESTFul API backends for mobile apps
- Having high coding standards, writing clean, maintainable & organized code
- Understanding of OOP & CleanCode principles
- Knowledge of relational databases, mainly PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of the agile product development cycle
- Good written and spoken English
And maybe some nice to haves:
- Familiar with AWS infrastructure and deployment pipelines
- Familiar with Docker and containerization
- Websockets, Redis
Then we can offer you:
- Have high impact on the products you work on
- Using the latest technologies
- Build international products as an important member of an agile company
- Welcoming and open-minded colleagues
- Continuous personal development, technology books, Safaribooks subscription, etc.
- Reliable, sufficiently organized company and working structure
- Internal, self-organized workshops
And some more:
- Spacious Budapest office
- Hybrid or remote home office options
- Attractive compensation
- Free soft drinks, snacks, coffee, and tea
- Team breakfasts, social events (board gaming, movie nights, hiking)
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- No work on your birthday!
Where will you work?
You will work in the heart of Budapest in a cool loft office, with flexible home office options. We hope to believe that the place will make you happy and inspire you daily. Think commuting sucks? Let's discuss. You will work daily with team members scattered around the globe for clients from all around the world.
What is the team like?
Our team consists of a wide range of personalities, all welcoming, cool, and professional. Instead of bossing around, we believe in direct and honest communication. Humor makes our work better.
Why do we love working at VeryCreatives?
I am thrilled that I can be an active part of true development projects. From day 1, I have been treated as a real team member, and I was given the chance of contributing with actual work. As a junior, I was not left alone, should I have questions along the way.
Friendly atmosphere, everyone welcomed me nicely. I find a lot of talented people with a large knowledge base who take the time to share that knowledge with me so I can learn and improve on a daily basis.
Openness, flexibility, encouragement, trust - I'm given a task and I feel like my team has faith in me to complete it. I also feel that there are lots of opportunities to learn and practice new technologies on my project - so I can discover and dig into things I find interesting.
Our recruitment process
Submit your CV to kickstart the recruitment process today!